Welcome to the world of the Manic Housewife. What exactly is a manic housewife you ask? A manic housewife is just that….manic. I’m still trying to figure out what I want to be when I grow up (and I’m in my 40’s!) and flit from one new idea to the other. I’ve suffered with depression and anxiety for most of my life and go through bad highs and lows. If everything is neat an organized and goes according to plan I am fine. However, if even one simple item goes wrong or doesn’t happen the way I planned, I could quickly have a meltdown. On the other hand, I am also a “go with the flow” type of person who likes to take off on random adventures. I know, i’m a contradiction. And it drives me crazy!
I have an amazing husband who let me leave my job so I could pursue happiness. It’s not that I am unhappy. In fact, I have a pretty amazing life. I just feel like I am meant for something else. I just haven’t figured out what that is yet. I’ve been at this for 10 months now and have not finished anything I started! Here’s the rundown of things I have tried:
- Cake decorator (I’m actually really good at this but discovered in New Jersey you can’t sell baked goods from your home)
- T-shirt designer (I used my Silhouette Cameo to design shirts. I actually sold a few of these on Etsy but kind of lost interest)
- Bath products (I made bath bombs, bath salts, sugar scrubs, lotion bars, etc. to sell at craft fairs but am too scared to sign up for one)
- Sign making party (Kind of like a Tastefully Simple or Paint & Sip but you make your own signs. I have all the tools and supplies ready but just can’t seem to put myself out there to advertise for a party host)
- Wreath making (You know all those beautiful burlap wreaths you see all over Pinterest? I made tons of them! I love making them, but again craft fairs.
- Meal prep/delivery service (I came up with a menu, tested recipes, and formed a price list but didn’t know what to do after that. So I just dropped it.)
- About 50 other things that I didn’t spend enough time on to even mention.
So, the common theme here is my fear of putting myself out there. I get terrified when it’s time to do something with items I have made with my own two hands. I can incite a panic attack just with the thought of having to call someone I know to ask to host a party. A fear of rejection that I just can’t get over.
So, my friends, get ready to see what I’ve been doing the past 10 months. I’ll feature tutorials on all my DIY projects. Maybe one of you can do something with them.
Thanks for listening!